Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have an Apple TV 3 in and use it for Netflix. However every time I want to watch Netflix, I open the app and just get a spinny circle. I have to go back, restart Apple TV and then it opens first time.

It's up to date, WiFi is good, everything works it's just Netflix needs a restart every time strangely.

Anything I can do/check? anyone have similar?

Thanks

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I had this problem recently. Oddities sometimes are unrelated to what is seems is wrong:

Do you use iTunes on a computer? If so, have you updated it recently? or just got a new idevice? If you have, and you haven't signed new apple iTunes policy thingy (whatever it's called), go into your account in iTunes on your computer and it should prompt you.

also try signing out of iCloud on ATV3 and sign back in.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I've updated iTunes and use it yes. I have got a new iPhone, but again it was all before this also. I have agreed the pop up that your talking about wherever I've seen it thanks.

Everything else works ok on the aTV3 though.

I haven't tried signing out/in of iCloud on my aTV3 though I'll try this thanks.

Really strange it's only Netflix....

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
Got the same problem on an AppleTV2. I only used the thing for Netflix, cute family screensaver, and the the occasional Airplay. When Netflix decided to crap out, and Apple pulled the YouTube app for our versions, I unplugged it and boxed it up.

The thing is broken and Apple abandoned it.

Will never use it or any AppleTV set top box again. Not until Apple gets it right - and they're on design concept #3 now. Done beta testing their living room experiments.

/bitterrant

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.