ATV2 too light?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gruff, Oct 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone with the new ATV - how much does it weigh?

Or more to the point, is it heavy enough to sit flat when it has a couple of cables plugged in the back (I have had a couple of experiences with small components that tipped over backwards withe the weight of the cables used to connect them).

Not a big deal- but I am curious...

2. macrumors 6502

That actually describes it perfectly. It's not terribly unstable, but it does tip a little bit if the cables are pulling down more than back (i.e., if you have the box positioned far away enough from the edge of the shelf/cabinet/stand, it will be stable).

3. macrumors newbie

Atv2

ATV2 is very much light in weight due to the low numbers of component from which it made

4. macrumors member

Actually it's surprisingly heavy for its size, and seems very sturdy.

5. macrumors 6502

Agreed. I was surprised at the density. I kinda expected a "hollow plastic" feel rather than the iPhone "crammed to the gills" feel that it has.

6. macrumors member

I fixed this problem with a tiny piece of Velcro strip on the bottom. My hdmi cable is really thick and shielded by some sort of really
    Non-pliable metallic covering so it makes my atv2 slant upwards from the weight of the cables hanging down my media center