Audi A4

Discussion in 'Community' started by EJBasile, Aug 21, 2004.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I just got an Audi A4 3.0 liter Quattro. 5 speed tiptronic transmition. Brilliant black metallic exterior, Platnum (grey) premium leather interior. Navigation and Coldweather packages. Average gas milage is so far is 25mpg not great but not bad, beter than my rovers average 14mpg. Its soo nice!

2. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

3. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

4. justinshiding macrumors member

made sense to me. you put things in your signature that are important to you. some people list macs, some people list ipods, some people list a pc, and some list a quote from someone important. :) I'm a mystery however....nothing in my signature (unless i made it and forgot about it )

Justin

5. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

thank you!

6. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

A6

My father in law has a 2002 A6 with the 3.0, tiptronic and quattro drive. It's a nice car but not great. Fuel economy hovers around 17mpg which is pretty poor for a car of that size. It has no low-end grunt, which makes it lack-luster off the line. The steering is nicely weighted, but has too much vibration at idle. Here in Los Angeles the quattro is pointless and only serves to add weight and dull the forward momentum. In Conn. it would be of value I think.
    I've looked at the A4 and it is too tight in the back for my needs, but it is a very nice car to drive.
    Congrats!

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Thanks EJ! You can drop it off tomorrow afternoon :D

8. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

the fuel economy for the land rover is awful!! I bet you fill her up all the time! I like the A4:D sounds like you got a nice one too.

9. Bruce Lee, PhD macrumors member

Congrats -- those Audi's are great cars. Is there much trunk space in it? I'm considering one.

Your Rover should be illegal IMO. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why aren't Acura's ever compared to Audi and BMWs in the same price range? They're quite great, and they're all comparable spec-wise, and yet Acura never gets mentioned in comparison. If anything, they then try to compare one of the newer Cadillacs with it.

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

acura isn't available here ... do they have good cars ? ...i can associate lexus with toyata (since 2-3 years lexus is even available here at least in showcases ... not really on the streets)

for the first post...weren't any TDIs available ? i just question because the streets here are flooded with those A4 2.5 TDIs and seeing the poor milage of your gasoline version it might have been a better long time investment

(i just looked acura up.....man that acura RL has "mercedes-benz C-klasse" written all over it ....what a rip off... ...it might have been good if they ripped of the actual one... but the design from 10 years ago?)

12. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I looked at the acura TL, but it was to big for my needs. My A4s back seat leg room is poor, but i don't have any kids to travel around with. And if i needed to transport 4-5 people i would probably just use my Range Rover. The trunk space is pretty good for the cars size, i think it is 13.4 cubic feet. A VW passat has a very big trunk and its about 15 cubic feet.

13. Bruce Lee, PhD macrumors member

if you're comparing sports sedans, one big reason it's tough to compare them is that acuras are front-wheel drive. but it seems to me you do see acuras in the same comparisons from time to time, at least in car and driver. i think c&d's impression is that acuras go more for smoothness than excitement. the rsx is an exception, but that's in a different bracket.