Audi RSQ Sports Coupe in "I, ROBOT" movie.

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Apr 27, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Shame Willy Smith is still around in 2035 though... heheh

ooooh and Audi have announced an RS6 Plus with a slightly naughty 480BHP... however let's not be too old skool here... in 'Autocar' last week, they had an image of the new Audi RS6... suffice to say it looked soooooo rude.... :D

I'll have to cancel my order for the new BMW M5. :eek: :eek: :p

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It doesn't have wheels, but rides on spheres.....now that's different :D

And its awfully low to the ground, not much city driving there - on pothole and you've messed up the car.

Cool stuff though...

D

4. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I saw that thing at the New York Auto show. Totally ridiculous. I've a got a DVD with info about it on it, but I haven't looked at it since its not relevent to why I was at the show. I don't think there's even any experimental technology on it, its just a movie prop with audi badging. They never would have done it if it wasn't for the movie. They made a big old deal out of it at the show's media days too, cause I think its the only thing they had that was new. A little bit of info on the upcoming A6, and this thing. Audi was really scraping the bottom of the barrel I thought.

5. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Why? the next m5 is supposedly gonna be over 500 horsepower. If you really want performance, that mercedes SL65 AMG with over 600 horsepower looked really sick at the show, even though I'm not a big mercedes fan.

6. craigdawg macrumors 6502

There was a preview of sorts on the new M5 in this week's AutoWeek. 100 HP per liter! The SL65 is nice but Brabus does a better job IMO.

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yup I thought the same thing too.

'Hey look, its fake.

Hey look, a tie in with a movie company! They only paid us 2 mill to put it here tho!'

:mad:

Car companys in movies, soda specifically placed in movies (example: Spider Man. Peter parker walks away from his Dr. Pepper and for about 8 seconds the camera just sits there. Only looking at the Dr. Pepper :confused: :( )

Boo advertising ploy!

BTW iGav how much did you sell out to Audi for? :p

8. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Why the next generation RS6???? because it has a Lamborghini V10 engine developing 500BHP+ and Quattro and comes in the über desirabe 'Avant' version, oooooh and it looks a damn sight meaner than the new M5. :D

I was reading the 'Autocar' test of the SL65 AMG last year, and they basically said 'great engine, poorly packaged', I do wonder why Mercedes are consumed in a power race with themselves?? :confused: I'm not much of a fan either, they're lacking a clear and focused design language unlike Audi and BMW.

But no... I'm not actually buying, I was taking the pi$$. :D

But... there's a slight difference between designing and producing an original car for a movie, than merely placing a can of 'Dr. Pepper' in a scene stealing position. ;)

People did click on the link yes?? It explains that is was developed purely for the 'I, ROBOT' movie as opposed to any future Audi model.

However, I still think it's an interesting concept, that consistently translates Audi's current brand values and projects them into their products of the not so distant future, infact if we consider that the RSQ features a variation on the new Audi snout, then it would appear that even in 2035, retro is still king in car design. heheheh