Audio Balance Property Changing on my PB???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crazydreaming, Oct 24, 2005.

1. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT -Westminster College
    This is the second time this has happened. I would plug in my headphones, and notice the left channel was much louder than the right channel.

The first time this happened, I thought it was my crappy iPod headphones, so I actually filled out the support form and they sent new ones...

However, I found the problem was that somehow the balance property in the audio prefernces was changed.

That was like two weeks ago. Today it did it again!
  2. rickvanr macrumors 68040

Apr 10, 2002
    What kind of PB do you have? My Tibook used to do that, but hasn't in many months.

What OS are you running?

You can fix the balance by going into system preferences -> sound
  3. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Oct 14, 2005
    my iBook did this as well. I don't know what fixed it, but it was either a software update or when my logic board went. Hasn't happened in years...
  4. simon-says macrumors regular

May 24, 2005
    Shreveport, LA
    My Powerbook does this as well. I've seen this problem on the forum before, not sure of the replies. I just assume it's something to do with the power settings, since I only notice it when I'm on my battery or just got off from using it. Also I notice it goes to the left as well, I assume this is because of the midbass speaker being on the right and using less battery by only powering the left.