Audio Bible Player for iPod. Read and listen to the Bible on...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacBytes, Oct 13, 2004.

1. iceDogg macrumors newbie

Nothing new here, the Bible has already been put on CD so you could just rip it from other companies products(I know that would take more time). However, it's pretty cool that they specifically promote the iPod for use with their product. :)

2. Trowaman macrumors 6502a

Trowaman

Jerry Falwell and George W. Bush with an iPod? *shudder* Excuse I need to throw up.

*btw, most Christians I know are very nice and good people, I'm not trying to make this into a religion thing. Just that Falwell and Bush with an iPod seems kinda wrong.

3. dxp4acu macrumors regular

Sorry man- Anyone can own and use an iPod. That's the whole "For the masses" type of thing. Bush has just as much of a right to own one as saddam hussein.

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

the one that freaks me out more is AL GORE A MAC USER!? *SHUDDER* *TWITCH*

but of course, if you think about it, it's a tribute to Apple that even people you can't stand love Apple.

5. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

6. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I moved this to politics, well... just because. :)

have a nice day.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

can it continue its journey and be wastelanded? nothing productive will come of this.

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

amusing...(i didn't knew that the bible is already available on cd... i bet that are a lot of discs... it would be an awesome 'fun present' for my sister...)

9. mkaake macrumors 65816

why is that?

i was pretty happy to see that up on macbytes... good info to hear about. don't really see any reason this would be wasteland material, unless someone went wayyy off topic because they seemed to think that it was wasteland material?

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

c.f. posts 3-6.

hey, maybe it'll become the Best Thread Ever. but i'm not holding my breath.

11. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

From what I can tell, religion and politics seem to go hand in hand most of the time. :rolleyes:

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Little hasty. It was a shame that it was moved to the Political Forum IMO.

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

i think that this a good thing. I hope other religious texts become available for the iPod as well (for free of course).

14. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

why hasn't iTms gotten the bible yet?
    or has it?

15. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

FWIW, Zondervan's NIV CD collection (unabridged, non-dramatized) is 64 CDs, which according to iTunes :) would take 3.1 days to listen to, and when ripped at 64kbps, takes 2.12 GB.

16. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Is it me or does anyone think that listening to the Bible isn't the best way to own it. I'd rather have the book in this case. It would require some amount of concentration to follow it, its not like music or a contemporary novel....

D

17. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I like to listen to music when I read, so i'd have trouble listening to an audiobook, i'd end up listening to music over it, complelety nullifying the point of the audiobook, as i would zone it out.

BTW about presidents and being mac users, do you guys remember the imac ads that were sortof booklets, the one for the original imac said something like say goodbye to biege? Anyway, in either that pamphlet, or the one for the g4 imac, they metion that the last two presidents were mac users. I'm not very sure but wasn't Bush senoir before Clinton?
    This means that Dubya is probably a mac user too.

**Shudders**

18. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just what the world needs, a preaching bloody iPod :rolleyes: