Audio Books

Discussion in 'iPod' started by corinnew, Oct 6, 2005.

1. corinnew macrumors newbie

So I've uploaded several audio books to my iPod. When I've finished listening to them i like to delete them. however, these books don't go quietly...or at all. It appears that the tracks have gone, but when I put my iPod onto "random" all of a suden, there are audio book tracks?!?

Anyone have this problem and/or know of a solution?
    Thx.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Smart Playlists are your friends here. I bought my iPod to listen to audiobooks, but rediscovered my music CDs in the process. Create a Smart Playlist of "Genre" is "Audiobook" and "Play Count" is "0" and sync that to your iPod instead of letting it do your whole library automatically.

Aslo don't forget to check the "Skip when Shuffling" checkbox under Get Info Options if you are making your own audiobooks or downloading them from sources other than iTMS.

B

3. corinnew thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks. this will help with the new books I add.

but do you knkow how to delete these "phantom" tracks? At this point I can't even find them on the ipod or in itunes to delete them. Oh-but they're there!

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Not individually. I presume you could always use the iPod updater to "restore" your iPod and do a new sync.

B