Audio Compatability!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Wardofsky, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Wardofsky macrumors 65816

Aug 6, 2002
    I am very happy today as I browsed the Apple stores.

We all (well, most) know that there has been a petition for audio improvements in Apple's hardware line and as we all know, there are optical in/out in the new G5.

I noticed on Apple Store online that they were advertising the Logitech Z-680s ( (which are very good speakers BTW) and on the compatablity info it had:
    Which means I won't have to go out and buy a USB or PC card to listen to great sound, happy day.

Finally, sound for the rest of us.
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    Interestingly enough a quick search with "TosLink" yielded no results.

Apple is aiming straight for the hardware, now that they have the G5 and increasing support for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple aims straight for audio productivity of their own.

This seems like an all right start. I'm sure other 5.1 systems work the same way as does the Logitech model, not requiring a sound card.
  3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

Jan 19, 2003
    London, England
    I think the optical links are a forerunner of Apples plans for Emagic, I see an iGrooves app on the horizon, based on Logic, as well as dedicated hardware interfaces for the Logic range.

The ability to talk directly to domestic 5.1 systems is a plus, but a welcome one.