Audio Conversion Software (Batch)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by pinetec, Feb 13, 2007.

1. pinetec macrumors member

pinetec

I have a client that needs to have hundreds of CDs converted to multiple formats (mp3 & WMA). The formats are WMA 22KBS@22khz & 64kbs@44.1khz and mp3 22kbs@22khz & 64kbs@44.1khz.

I use an automated CD ripper and convert the CDs using FLAC.

I've looked at programs like Switch Plus but it doesn't allow conversions to wma (except in the windows version).

I have a Windows program that will do the conversion but I'd like to find one for the MAC since the Windows program tends to lock up fairly often.

Thanks
    Michael

2. andmill macrumors member

if you use iTunes to rip the cds, you can encode them as mp3's right away. as for the wma's use "easy wma" it cost 10 dollars but worth it if you need to convert to wmas

3. pinetec thread starter macrumors member

pinetec

I have an automated CD-Ripper that uses the Riptastic software to create flac files that are then used to convert to mp3 & wma. Doing it through iTunes would be too slow for hundreds of CDs. I'd like a piece of software that I can just point to a directory full of hundreds flac files and have them converted to any one of the formats needed.

Thanks
    Michael

4. jroad macrumors member

It looks like Easy WMA only converts from .wma not *to* .wma. It looks like some of the Flip4Mac products will export to WMA 9. I don't know if the products do batch conversions.

For mp3 batch conversions, you should give the $10 SoundConverter a try:
    link

Regards

5. pinetec thread starter macrumors member

pinetec

I'll give SoundConverter a try.

Thanks
    Michael