Audio file type unrecognised by iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BEET, Aug 26, 2004.

1. BEET macrumors member

Hi,
    I recently acquired some music files and am finding it impossible to import them into iTunes, I am told that they are unsupported file types. Is there an easy way to change them to Mp3 or any other type of file that is recognised by iTunes?? Do I need to get some kind of file converting software?

if anyone could help I'd be extremely grateful, as this is getting pretty annoying!

thanks, Beet

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

3. BEET thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure, I'm actually at work at the moment and don't have my powerbook with me. If it helps the icons are mini blank white pages, instead of the reassuring green itunes mp3/aiff ones. I just had a look in the itunes forum (I guess I should have checked that first) and saw that Sound Studio (which I have) micht be able to help?

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If they are a fairly common audio type that iTunes doesn't happen to support yet (such as Ogg Vorbis), you may not need to use anything other than a (beta) plugin for QuickTime.

5. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

try and open it up in Sound Studio. if it does and the Waveform shows up and it plays, then just go to File -> Save As, and make sure you save it as an MP3, 192kb/s or greater