Audio Highjack Pro Help?? Cassette to Cd.....

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by mocman, Jan 13, 2007.

1. mocman
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

I have a iMac and purchased audio high jack pro. I am trying to archive a few cassettes and have no problem getting it into my mac. The problem is when I burn the songs it burns it as only one. I can not get it to skip to the next song at all. Also I hit pause to turn the cassette over and then unpause to start the other side. Is that what I should be doing?
    Please post your Help Thanks MC

2. zimv20
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

zimv20

song start markers don't magically appear. you have to put them in.

3. mocman
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

4. rbrhrbr
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

There are three ways to split the contents of an audio cassette into individual songs. Method One: Instead of using the Pause button, stop the recording after each song. Method Two: Instead of using the Pause button, use the Skip button between songs. Method Three: Use a program such as Fission, Audacity or GarageBand to split the audio file of the whole audio cassette into individual files for each song.

I usually use Method Two when the material is music I want to listen to. When I'd rather not monitor the whole recording, I typically import the whole transcription of the tape to Fission for splitting into individual tracks and trimming dead space from the beginning and end.

5. zimv20
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 601

zimv20

what i do:
    1. record the entire cassette side into Protools
    2. put in a start and end marker for each song (trimming out silence in between, for example)
    3. for each song, highlight it and Bouce to Disc, AIFF format, 44/16
    4. import each AIFF into itunes
    5. make a playlist
    6. burn the CD from that playlist

itunes burns the CD such that each logical track will get its own start marker

if i skipped step 3, and just exported the entire cassette side, itunes would treat that as one logical track and, therefore, would insert only a single start marker.

6. mocman
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info......I imported with hijack then split with fission & burned with itunes....thanks again.....MC