Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
This neat little app lets you record audio from ANY OS X app... pretty neat, and comes in handy when you want to record your favorite quote from a DVD, or record an audio stream...

It also includes options to add equalizers to each app, and make one app's volume go over all the others... very nice, and in my opinion, a must have.

The following is just a brief list of what Audio Hijack can be used for:

* Add an Equalizer to Apple's DVD Player, RealOne Player, Windows Media Player, and any other application to create the perfect movie watching environment.
* Tweak even those low quality Real and Windows Media audio files to perfection with your own combination of our DSP plugins.
* Increase the volume of one application, such as your music player, above all your other applications via the Double Gain plugin.
* Turn on the Reverb and Echo effects, creating a live sound to make your favorite artists sing just for you! Barry White is practically in your bedroom.
* Use the Flanger effect to turn your audio into abstract swooping soundscapes.
* Sing along to your favorite music videos using the Karaoke plugin!
* Add bass to your game sounds for a life-like rumble. Feel your enemies approaching from behind in Quake!
* Add professional VST (Virtual Studio Technology) effects to your audio with our VST hub
* Much, MUCH more

Get it here. It's has a 15-day trial. Enjoy :D

irmongoose

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Not nearly as good under X

It worked great in OS 9 as a macamp plugin. However in X, it does NOT work in every application. The first one I tested it on (Reason) it is totally imcompatible with. Grr. And yes, I'm an audio engineer, I know what I'm doing. :)

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Re: Not nearly as good under X

Originally posted by springscansing
It worked great in OS 9 as a macamp plugin. However in X, it does NOT work in every application. The first one I tested it on (Reason) it is totally imcompatible with. Grr. And yes, I'm an audio engineer, I know what I'm doing. :)

Hmm.. weird, worked for me with all the apps I tried....

irmongoose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.