Audio not working on MacPro in Win XP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by cajuncheese, Sep 17, 2006.

1. cajuncheese macrumors newbie

I did a slipstreamed install of Win XP via Terrabit's instructions and almost everything works great (HDD is in DMA) but there is no audio. Win XP identifies the audio as Legacy audio device(s). I tried to manually update the Legacy Audio Drivers to the Realtec HD driver, which only caused the blue screen of death followed by automatic driver rollback. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Many thanks!

2. fiermanm macrumors newbie

same thing

i had sound before the slipstream...didnt afterwards...i thought it might have been the new (1.1.1 bootcamp) drivers but i reinstalled the previous drivers...still no sound. i'm using an external USB sound card for the time being. still glad i did the slipstream tho...i'm loving the speediness. i sweat the windows side seems zippier tyhan the mac side how bout you?
    mike

3. jroad macrumors member

Perhaps this is the process you have tried, but in the large Mac Pro SATA thread some people with audio problems used this advice to help their audio issue:

4. cajuncheese thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

5. fiermanm macrumors newbie

thanks

worked for me too...enjoy the music guys

6. cajuncheese thread starter macrumors newbie

I swear..

I swear, Mac users are now better experts at Windows than Windows users are..!

And I've never seen support as good as this in any other forum. That says a lot about our community.

7. Origin macrumors regular

Origin

In fact, MacUsers are often Windows users too (@office for example ;) )

8. fiermanm macrumors newbie

i think all the trouble we've had over the years with windows has taught usa a lot...sad in a way.
    but i agree...this forum has been great. i never would have been able to solve the SATA issue without it
    mike:)