Audio Quality 5g vs 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MRamirez181, Nov 5, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I have a 2g ipod touch and the headphone jack is broken. I can either get it fixed for 50 bucks or go for a 300 buck 5g. What I want to know is if there is an increase in audio quality between he generations. I use a pair of Sl 99s by Ludacris (100 buck headphones) if that helps at all.

2. macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

No, there is not.

3. macrumors 68000

roxxette

Honestly mate those headphones are no better than a skullcandy

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually upgraded from skullcandy titans to my current headphones about a year ago. I felt like the build quality, mids , highs, and the cable were all an improvement over my skullcandys. Went through a pair of titans within a couple of months when the cable stared to come loose from the audio jack part. I personally like the SL99 better, but that's just my opinion.

5. macrumors 6502a

dude, if you are looking into sound quality then Ipod touch is not a good choice. It is used mainly for games and video, that why the screen is so good. For music, its not worth $299. Go spend $79 on Walkman e series better.

6. macrumors 6502

And there he goes again. :rolleyes:

7. macrumors 601

Plutonius

Yep, Racoonboy has a definite opinion and is very vocal about it :D .

8. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Nice use of Ronald Reagan's catch phrase.

But I think Raccoonboy has a point there. The sound quality of iPod touch hasn't improved much over the generations IMO. All the other features were improved except the most cardinal one of a music player -sound quality.

9. macrumors 6502

I had no idea he's expressed an opinion on audio.

----------

What exactly is wrong with the audio? ISTR reading it measures better than most CD players.

10. macrumors 601

Plutonius

He doesn't like the new Touch in general (check his other post). To each their own opinion :D.

11. macrumors 6502

People hate what they don't understand, I guess. He thinks the iPad Mini is a real competitor for the Touch, even after it's been pointed out that people who want a Touch are not interested in a huge tablet, appreciate the cheaper-per-GB price, etc, and that's what I was referring to. His opinions I've seen all seem to share a common attribute... :D

12. macrumors 601

Plutonius

Most (if not all) of his complaints stem from what Apple is charging for their products. He may have some valid complaints but it is sometimes perceived as a "Sour Apples" response (i.e. since he can not or will not get one due to the price, it must be a bad product).

13. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It's slightly better but not too significant.