Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
Hi all,

I am very interested in progressing my very amateurish skills in audio software and would be interested in reading more about the usual suspects (Logic, Live, Reason, etc.).

I've done a lot of research and read lots on the web but I'd also like to get some traditional magazines on the subject.

Yesterday I bought the latest issue of MusicTech (UK) but I found it is more centered on the hardware than the software.
I was expecting something more along the lines of the photoshop magazines where you have tutorials on how to use the software, reviews of plug-ins, and so on.

Can any of you please advise on magazines centered around audio software, rather than hardware equipment? Tutorials would be key to me.

I'd prefer UK magazines as they are more readily available where I live than US ones.

Thanks in advance!

Pixelfrog

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2006
San Francisco
I had the same instrest but found out that I'm best of with buying books about each software. They are affordable and very educational. You can get good prices at Amazon. Magazines add up and most of them contain more ads than anything else.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
I had the same instrest but found out that I'm best of with buying books about each software. They are affordable and very educational. You can get good prices at Amazon. Magazines add up and most of them contain more ads than anything else.

Yes, that is an option I was contemplating as well: do you have any specific recommendations?

Please keep in mind that while I am very familiar with GarageBand, I am a total noob at the rest of the applications! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.