Audio Software...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 4nex, Dec 4, 2006.

1. 4nex macrumors member

Nov 15, 2006
    Apologies if this has been covered, I did have a quick look and couldn't see anything.

As a recent mac switcher I'm stuck without DAW software. I used to use and still really like Audition 1.5, then adobe released v2 which is shockingly bad (I'm glad I downloaded a cracked copy to try first! I'd have been pissed if I'd just forked out for it). When I was looking at switching everyone said get final cut which is as good as audition so I just went with it, then find that you can only get the sound program as part of the full £900 suite. F that! I'm not paying out for loads of apps I will never use- I only want the audio editor.
    So what else is out there? I'm getting by with ableton live atm but its no audition, I like it for music but there are functions missing.
    I'm after something around £250-300. As much as I'd like Logic I can't afford it and I have an understanding with Cubase, I don't bother it, it doesn't bother me.
  2. TJIrwin macrumors member

Oct 2, 2006
    London, UK
  3. 4nex thread starter macrumors member

Nov 15, 2006
    Thanks, downloading the demo now, I'll give it a whirl. Certainly the right end of the price scale. Also downloading a demo of Bias Peak, which is very much the wrong end of my price scale but I'll give it a go anyway