Audio Software...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 4nex, Dec 4, 2006.

1. 4nex macrumors member

Apologies if this has been covered, I did have a quick look and couldn't see anything.

As a recent mac switcher I'm stuck without DAW software. I used to use and still really like Audition 1.5, then adobe released v2 which is shockingly bad (I'm glad I downloaded a cracked copy to try first! I'd have been pissed if I'd just forked out for it). When I was looking at switching everyone said get final cut which is as good as audition so I just went with it, then find that you can only get the sound program as part of the full £900 suite. F that! I'm not paying out for loads of apps I will never use- I only want the audio editor.
    So what else is out there? I'm getting by with ableton live atm but its no audition, I like it for music but there are functions missing.
    I'm after something around £250-300. As much as I'd like Logic I can't afford it and I have an understanding with Cubase, I don't bother it, it doesn't bother me.

2. TJIrwin macrumors member

3. 4nex thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, downloading the demo now, I'll give it a whirl. Certainly the right end of the price scale. Also downloading a demo of Bias Peak, which is very much the wrong end of my price scale but I'll give it a go anyway