Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bruce Lee, PhD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Does anyone know if there's a GB plugin which will convert an audio track to midi? I'd like to sing or play a single-note track, then convert it to MIDI to be played by a software instrument.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Bruce Lee said:
Does anyone know if there's a GB plugin which will convert an audio track to midi? I'd like to sing or play a single-note track, then convert it to MIDI to be played by a software instrument.

I know you can do that in Logic, but I've never heard of a plug-in that will do it, (doesn't mean there ain't one though)... Melodyn might...

Any plug-in in AU form will run in GarageBand, my Altiverb convoluting reverb runs in GB (kills the processor though).

Bruce Lee, PhD

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
WinterMute said:
I know you can do that in Logic, but I've never heard of a plug-in that will do it, (doesn't mean there ain't one though)... Melodyn might...

Any plug-in in AU form will run in GarageBand, my Altiverb convoluting reverb runs in GB (kills the processor though).

Thanks,

I didn't know about AU plugins. I don't see anything out there, but I did check out the coreaudio APIs and it may not be too nasty to write such a thing.

fingers

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
London
Bruce Lee said:
Thanks,

I didn't know about AU plugins. I don't see anything out there, but I did check out the coreaudio APIs and it may not be too nasty to write such a thing.

<Takes deep bow of respect /> Hats off to ya Mr Bruce Lee, PHD :cool:

Let us know if you can crack it - I am sure there will be a LOT of interest in this if you can pull it off! :)

Good luck

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.