Audio Tweaker for OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by enclave, Oct 5, 2004.

1. enclave macrumors member

Hi there,

One of the things that bugs me about my mac is that fact I can't adjust bass and treble for my soundcard. Is there something I'm missing here or does the option just not exist?

I'm so used to having the option on my Win machines that I just cannnot believe there isn't one in OS X. Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that will resolve this for me?

I know theres some options in Itunes but I want to adjust it for everything that comes through the speakers not just certain apps.

Cheers

Edit: "I've had 21 views and no responses, hasn't anyone encountered this before..... anyone?"

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

As far as I'm aware there is no system wide tone control for OSX, there are EQ's in Quicktime and iTunes, but not for the whole thing, otherwise you'd be EQ'ing your EQ if you see what I mean... :D

What problem are you trying to rectify?

3. enclave thread starter macrumors member

Ta for the reply,

well basically my speakers are getting old and are to bass heavy and I need to ruen the bass down on them via software as the woofer has no bass control. Also I like my treble up a little higher than most people and I'd like it to be "across the board" not just a particular program

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Are you using an amp or are they active speakers?

What are the speakers and where have you got them placed?

5. enclave thread starter macrumors member

There some old quad speaker antec's, they were good on the pc as I could adjust the treble and bass via software but on the mac, no such luck

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

OK, Short of getting new speakers, I'm not sure there's much you can do.

Try asking the forums on www.osxaudio.com they might know a haxie or app that'll help.