Audiobooks on Multiple CDs

Discussion in 'iPod' started by betbest1, Nov 15, 2005.

1. betbest1 macrumors regular

Oct 30, 2005
    I have Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on CD (23 and 17 CDs, respectively), and I want to add them to my iTunes library. (Actually, I already have OoP, as 24 kbps mono MP3, but I would be willing to re-rip it.) I would like the audiobooks as a single bookmarkable AAC audiobook. I was considering Join CD Tracks, but that wouldn't work across CDs, and 23 files is still too many. Does anyone have any ideas? I use Windows, so no ChapterTool, and I don't have QuickTime Pro. I'll still keep the MP3s for transferring to my non-iPod MP3 player, but I want a single bookmarkable, chapter-separated AAC to play in iTunes (like the audiobooks from Audible or iTMS).
  2. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

Apr 18, 2005
    Put them in a single playlist? only thing i can think of
  3. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    How I did it (copied from a post I did on Slashdot):

iTunes 6.0 removes the need for MarkAble, since that is exposed in the GUI now. You could use mp4box to join all the files together, but that seems not to be advisable. Keep the files less than the cache size for your iPod.

EDIT: Barney's tip is the other part of this. Create a smart playlist that has playcount < 1 so that every time you sync the files you have already listened to are removed from the playlist.