Audiobooks

Discussion in 'iPod' started by skunk, Sep 15, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

As an iPod n00b, is there a way to pause in the middle of a track and have the iPod pick up where it left off next time? With Audiobooks having such large "tracks" it can be very tedious having to relocate the right spot.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

It should do it automatically - mine always does. :confused:

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Thanks, but I think what Mrs Skunk is after - mind you, it's always a bit of a mystery - is to be able to mark the track somehow, so she can return to that spot after doing all kinds of other techno things, like listening to music and stuff, in between. I suppose you'd have to do that in iTunes or QTPro or something, though, would you?

4. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

It should do that without a problem. Assuming she doesn't want to listen to more of the track, then go back to her previous spot, she's fine. I often listen to audiobooks, jump over to a video or a music playlist, then jump back to the audiobook again. It should keep your place, much like it does for videos. Sadly, for some odd reason it doesn't with music though...ah well.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Depends what you mean by Audiobooks, most of the ones you download from iTMS or Audible, as well as podcasts, are already "bookmarkable" and remember the position you last listened to.

To enable this for files you ripped yourself (i.e. a CD rip of an Audiobook, or even music), you just hit Get Info and check the box that says "Remember playback position".

B

6. UnixMage macrumors newbie

In the PC version of itunes

Right click on the entry in question
    select "Get Info"
    then select the "Options Tab"

Make sure "Remember playback position" is checked.

then you should be able to play any other track in your library and come back to the same position. (NOTE: If you purchased this Audiobook from Itunes or Audible etc this is the default behavior). If you ripped from your CD's you need to follow this procedure.

I assume there is something similar in the mac version.

7. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Thanks a bunch, you guys. Mrs Skunk is blissed out. :)