audiogalaxy-->Rhapsody

Discussion in 'Community' started by uhlawboi80, Sep 24, 2002.

1. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

has anyone else seen that audiogalaxy, after getting shut down, has come back as Rhaqpsody, a pay service that just lets you listen and not download. I think it sucks, but its interesting that they managed it and Napster couldnt.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah, I saw and thought eww, paying to listen to music is just terrible and you can't even save the songs, and its only avaliable to US and Canadian users

they did it finnaly but will people go for it

3. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I saw that the other day. That totally ruins the way cool word 'Rhapsody', the only thing that makes the word stay cool is that the book by Elizabeth Haydon (I think, I read it over the summer) was really good.

4. uhlawboi80 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, i just did a trial thingy (they emailed me 30 days free since i had had AG for years) and boy...the music is limited. and somewhere on the site it said that it wont put up songs till they are released on the radio and in some instances the CD if its not a general release radio song...BLOWS HARD.

5. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

listening to the radio, you'd have more of a choice

6. vniow macrumors G4

I really liked Audiogalaxy, they were the best place on the web to discover great music in my opinion. I checked out Rhapsody a couple weeks ago and none of my favorite artists are on it! (especially #5.:mad: )
    I for one am really disappointed that it's gone now, most of what I downloaded were not things blocked by the filters, theyt were obscure artists, live covers and unreleased tracks. Kazaa just doesn't compare.
    :rolleyes:

7. medea macrumors 68030

medea

This blows, Audiogalaxy was the premiere place for music, and probably was the most fun to use but I'm afraid this new service won't be around for very long and it won't be because of legal reasons it will be because they will go broke. and fast.

8. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i used ag since the beginning of ag when napster went down or around then...it was a good place to get music...but not as good as napster of course (but in lots of cases it was better)
    and too bad it shut down :(