Audiovox CDM-9500 and OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by ibookin', Mar 5, 2003.

1. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I will be getting an Audiovox CDM-9500 in a few days (or today, hopefully, depends when I can get my dad to take me to the Verizon store). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about using it as a wireless modem with OS X via USB. I have looked on the maccellphone Yahoo! group and no one really knows anything about using this phone.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I CANNOT get a T68, Verizon does not offer it and I do not want to have to suffer through Cingular, AT&T, or T-Mobile service just to get the T68.

2. ibookin' thread starter macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Guess no one knows anything. :(

Oh well, time to troll the web for any info on getting it to work.

Btw, I bought the phone last night and it is GREAT. The screen is incredibile and the Get It Now service is awsome.

3. cubist macrumors 68020

From the audiovox site, it does look like a pretty awesome phone.

Does it come with some kind of sync software? Does the software work on Mac?

BTW, you may find that the phone will work as a modem. Plug it in and see if it shows up. It very likely will.

I have the T68i and I'm not too crazy about it. The main problem is that it is too small. The buttons are eensy, the screen is teensy, and the ringer is tinkly. As an organizer, it's pretty much unusable. The task list is limited to 80 items and doesn't sort.

4. ezri macrumors newbie

None of the phones I've seen work with macs. Verizon Wireless sells a mobile office kit for $50 that works with windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP. I got one on ebay for my T720 but didn't realize is won't work with regular win 98. sucks for me

Speaking of Get It Now ... you get to download one free ringer from the modtones demo ;)

5. ibookin' thread starter macrumors 65816

ibookin'

I know, I'm trying to decide which one to get. ;)

As for the sync kit, Verizon sells the software and cable to use it as a modem, but I'm not sure if you can sync it with Outlook or something, even though it does have a calendar function.

It did not come with a USB cable, and I haven't found any for less than $50 (more than I paid for the phone). Plus, there is no software for the mac, so buying one would not be worth it.

But the phone is pretty new, so I may see some software and cheap cables in the future...