AudoBook play order

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rublind, Jun 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

So, I ripped some AudioBook CD's for playback on my iPhone. The CD's got ripped into tracks like 1a, 1b, 1c... 1n, 2a, 2b... 2n, etc.

The CD information and tack number information is all correctly populated, however the iPhone is still playing things back in the following order: 1a, 2a, 3a, ... 1b, 1c, ... etc.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. macrumors 68030

BasicGreatGuy

Try using Tagr. It is an excellent free program, that will allow you to correct ID tags on music files.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

the ID3 tags and the track and CD numbers are all correct - it's just that the iPhone is playing all the track 1's instead of going CD by CD.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

temporary solution: use Audible app, it does what I want with the audiobooks synced via iTunes.

it doesn't seem to do the 1.5x stuff though (well, it does, but it says it doesn't?)

5. macrumors 68020

I don't understand how the company that invented the iPod can continue to screw these things up but yes, iOS7 does mess up the order of audiobooks (again).
    It ignores the disc number so if you've got 3-discs with 5-parts each which have been tagged 1 thru 5 it will play them as 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,etc.
    My temporary solution was to simply retag them as 1 thru 15.
    Then they'll play correctly.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

that was going to be my initial solution, but it was 100+ tracks, so I was hoping to find something easier. luckily, audible saves the day.

7. macrumors 603

blueroom

I use AudioBook Builder, it creates the correct .m4b files (which remember where you left off)