1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

August 13, 2002: Jaguar Released

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 13, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Ah Jaguar... The first OS X you could actually use.

3. macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, mind you it doesn't feel like it when you use it after Tiger. Or even Panther for that matter... love my Exposé :D

4. macrumors 6502a

Wonder Boy

Tiger is good, but I still love Panther. It just feels more stable and stronger.

5. macrumors 68020

Willis

i started with 10.0

that was something... lol

6. macrumors 65832

Isn't this thread a little premature?

Jaguar, Mac OS X v10.2 was officially released on August 24, 2002.

:rolleyes:

...except for those of us who went to the pre-opening at 10:20 PM on the 23rd at our local Apple Store. :D

[​IMG]

7. macrumors 6502a

The first OS X update and the best. I like the expose feature added in pather, but since Jaguar, they'll seem like updates rather than major OS releases.

8. macrumors 68040

mduser63

Yeah, it's strange that such a seemingly small feature is really the difference between a usable OS and an unusable one. I switched with Panther, though I've had occasion to use Jaguar on others' computers a fair amount, and the lack of Exposé really annoys me. Same thing happens when I'm on Windows.

9. macrumors 65816

GodBless

I was new to Mac when Jaguar was the present OS. I used to make fun of Mac users but when my friend showed me what a Mac could really do I switched -- and I am happy I did. :)

10. macrumors 6502a

SuperSnake2012

Tell me about it... one time I was using an iMac G4 with Jaguar, and the volume was all the way up. I pressed F9 for Exposé and I was frightened by the error sound :(