August 25th?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chris200x9, Sep 19, 2006.

1. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

I orderd a macbook on aug 25th and as of yesterday it was still "in production" :mad: are they still backed up or might the macbook be updated soon?

2. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Dont worry, you´ll be sending it back in for repairs before you know it. :D

3. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

:confused: :eek:

4. brikeh macrumors 6502a

brikeh

Sorry I just couldnt resist.

5. NextTuesday macrumors member

NICE! I've been waiting for mine since the 11th of September, supposedly being shipped out tomorrow according to the Apple Order Status page.

Anyone know where they're being sent from? (My guess is China)

6. evanrousso macrumors 6502

Honestly, I think there is something that should be done for someone who has to wait a month to get their order. Anyone agree?

I ordered my macbook on the 12th, it is supposed to ship on thursday (the 21st). If it gets pushed back and I end up having to wait a month for my computer I think it would be appropriate for some sort of courtesy to be extended towards me because waiting a month for an online order is a little ridiculous. There is really no excuse for that you know?

BTW. I ordered a white 2.0ghz white macbook with an added 120gb hard drive and 1gb of ram. I was actually expecting it earlier than estimated because a lot of people on this board were speaking of getting their orders a lot earlier than expected. I dont think thats gonna heppen.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I'd call up apple and see what gives. Thats just too long IMO.

8. evanrousso macrumors 6502

my whole point with what I was saying was that if im gonna give $1500 to $2500 to a company for a product, I expect to recieve it in a timley manner. If my order gets extended I am just going to cancel it and go to an apple store. I need this computer for school and I think that waiting two weeks is too long, let alone a month!!!