Aussies please take note.

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by datalok, Apr 9, 2002.

1. datalok macrumors member

Jan 6, 2002
    Chatted to a guy who works for Apple Australia last night who mentioned that it appears that Apple are NOT going to be getting CDRW iMac G4's any time soon (certainly within 2 months) and it is likely that they are not going to get any in the hope of getting people to fork over the extra cash for a combo drive. Apple have helped to engineer their stockists to push this by slanting the profits from each sale in favour of the higher specs (supposed profit on a combo rrp $3699 AUD is $175 and more for Superdrive).

I mean $3700 is $700 AUD ( that is $370 USD) more than the machine is in the US even though they are made closeby in Taiwan/Singapore. Effectively Apple have made their entry model with a pricetag of $1956 USD. Forget it! I am gonna buy an older G4 and a big screen.
  2. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    no way!

i hope this doesn't mean that there will be a TiBook shortage when they update. i've already been waithing 4 months for the updated TiBooks!:eek:
  3. coeus macrumors member

Apr 3, 2002
    albany, western australia
    I know what you mean. Apple have made their LCDmacs expensive for us aussies.

So I decided to go for the early iMacs. they aint that bad. considering the only different between them is a LCD screen, 1 USB port and different design.

....and the price tag.