Austin Powers on OS 9!!!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bunton, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bunton macrumors member

In Austin Powers Goldmember, Austin uses a titanium ibook to contact someone and they show a screenshot with a video feed and the OS is 9!

What is up with that? Didn't ten exist when they filmed the movie?

If so what the hell?

2. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

Ok, even though you have posted like crazy lately, your still a newbie....

GET THIS INTO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM!!!!!

Then, back to topic. It's really cool when Macs are displayed in movies. Showing off OS X would be cooler, but hey, this is not the end of the world... The end of the world would be Austin Powers using Wintel boxes.... :p

3. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Re: Austin Powers on OS 9!!!!

Yeah I noticed that also, BTW Austin was using a TiBook;) Not an iBook.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There could have been any number of reasons - most likely to get the AOL screen shot to work right with the right type of images it might have needed the older version. Who knows?

OSX might have only been OSX.1.1 and been really buggy or slow. I wouldn't worry about it. Soon OSX will be on the big screen.

Has anyone seen it in a movie anywhere?

D

5. bobky macrumors member

Seen aqua windows in alot of ads over in the uk, Audi used a flat screen and g4 for thier TT ad "designed under the influence of Jimi Hendrix"

The worst was a toothpaste ad, with a G3 iMac and beige pc keyboard. (get right atleast!)

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Here's a little FYI for those who don't know:

A shot showing an actor interacting with a computer almost always uses a mocked-up OS and application interface. The chances of the actor pushing the wrong button and ruining the shot are too high, so they have people program a sequence that looks like a computer GUI and then play it back in sync with the actor, sometimes with limited user interaction.

Case in point-
    The movie "Office Space" uses typical Mac OS GUI features (gray titlebars, close square in upper left corner, etc.), but at one point in the movie the screen shows a "c:\" prompt from DOS.

:D

7. bunton thread starter macrumors member

Sorry

Uh sorry i put my post in the wrong place hey want to tell me how to post pics anyone? Oh yeah sorry I posted incorrectly and sorry about that?

In Austin powers it is a quick screen shot and I said titanium ibook and you said no Tibook but is that not short for what I said???

The Olsen twins always have macs not pc's in their movies!

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Sorry

Dear sweet Lord, shut up about the Olsen twins already!:p

There is no such thing as a Titanium iBook. The Titanium PowerBook G4 gets shortened to TiBook in reference to Ti, the symbol for titanium. Got it?

9. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

Who cares what OS Austin was Using, That was one Foxy machine anyway ya put it, how better then to show foxy cleopatra the future than with an apple.

10. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Anyone ever see the picture of Austin Powers in the Think Different ad outside Apple HQ?

I have a copy come where, I will try to find it later.

Ensign

11. aznatari macrumors member

Um....one possible answer to ur question might be because it was made before Mac OS X even came out. It may seen weird because Mac OS X came out a long time ago, but movies are like made 1 year before it is actaully released to the public in movie theaters. Its a wild shot but i think this answer is what you have been looking for.

atari

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.