Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
A promotion has begun in Australia offering a heavily discounted digital camera with any new purchase from retailers of an iMac, eMac or iBook before 7th March.

Historically, these promotions are followed shortly after by announcements of new models.

All three are due for update anyway so this info only serves to underline that, rather than be earth-shattering news. :D

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Re: Australia clearing iMacs, eMacs & iBooks. New models coming?

Originally posted by ChrisH3677
A promotion has begun in Australia offering a heavily discounted digital camera with any new purchase from retailers of an iMac, eMac or iBook before 7th March.

Historically, these promotions are followed shortly after by announcements of new models.

All three are due for update anyway so this info only serves to underline that, rather than be earth-shattering news. :D

I don't think the iBook is due for an update... my guess is that sales are poor. Anyway, there's also an Australian promo on the PowerMac that ends on March 27...

Of course there's no greater luck than to get to live in Australia in the first place!

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
don't you think we will see speed bumped power macs and perhaps a g5 imac and powerbook sometime before the fall of this year?

i agree ibooks don't seem to need a new model or upgrade just yet

and if we get the g5s in the above mentioned models, a g5 in an emac would be a logical next choice, but i can't see that happening this year...but g5s across the board by christmas this year, in all mac offerings, would certainly convince the pc world that we are back in the speed game

...just a little more catching up to do and i think that will increase apple's market share

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Re: Re: Australia clearing iMacs, eMacs & iBooks. New models coming?

Originally posted by cubist
I don't think the iBook is due for an update... my guess is that sales are poor.

Could be. Apple are their own worst enemy for selling computers.

Mac buyers often wait for the next model, whereas PC buyers hardly ever do - maybe coz they have more options.

But this means Apple must have lots of low points in the year (eg before MacWorlds) when sales are down.

I myself want an eMac for the fam and have been waiting for the next either price cut (which should have come given the rise in the Aussie dollar) or then next respec (128Mb is way too low).

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ

Um, sorry I have had a long day and a cascade and don't seem to be able to find this special offer...can you post the link? :confused:

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Re: Re: Australia clearing iMacs, eMacs & iBooks. New models coming?

Originally posted by aswitcher
Um, sorry I have had a long day and a cascade and don't seem to be able to find this special offer...can you post the link? :confused:

Here

I don't think this is evidence of impending updades. Mac/Camera bundles are pretty common with Australian resellers, there was an iMac/Kodak bundle promo for over 6 months last year.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Re: Re: Re: Australia clearing iMacs, eMacs & iBooks. New models coming?

Originally posted by Finiksa
Here

I don't think this is evidence of impending updades. Mac/Camera bundles are pretty common with Australian resellers, there was an iMac/Kodak bundle promo for over 6 months last year.

Which is what makes this one interesting - because it's only for one month. That's pressure selling. "Buy now! Buy now! Limited offer".

Whereas a 6 month offer is more low pressure, just to boost sales and brand awareness.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003

maybe they are just clearing out the cameras to promote a highly profitable item like the macs

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Re: Re: Re: Re: Australia clearing iMacs, eMacs & iBooks. New models coming?

Which is what makes this one interesting - because it's only for one month. That's pressure selling. "Buy now! Buy now! Limited offer".

Whereas a 6 month offer is more low pressure, just to boost sales and brand awareness.

The original deal started off as a limited offer that kept getting extended, I'd expect the same thing to happen here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.