Australia Day, 2007

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mad jew, Jan 17, 2007.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So then Aussies, what're your plans? A BBQ? Beer? Barbecued beer? Some sort of flotational hammock device?

Myself? Well it'll be a BBQ all the way. Friends, Sambuca and a singlet. What more can a 'Strine want?

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

No plans as of yet, but I'm sure I'll end up doing something. :)

I was actually thinking about it today and was annoyed to discover that I still have to work on Saturday (the day after). Um hello, it's Australia day weekend!!! No ones going to be going to a bank - they'll either be away or too hung over! :mad:

3. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

maaaaaaaaaaate, you have to do something for 'Straylya Day. Go see the fireworks with some friends or something. :)

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

6. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

That's the spirit! :D

You can throw them on the barbie after.

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

If I'm not working I'll be standing in the blazing sun, beer in hand, playing cricket with my mates.

If I am working I'll be standing in the blazing sun, beer in hand, playing cricket with my mates, then going to work.

8. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

This'll be my first Australia Day since moving here. What's the deal - other than drinking copious amounts?!

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What do you mean "other than drinking"?

You'll probably be invited to a BBQ where you'll be served sausages, steaks, lamb chops, satay chicken skewers, possibly some BBQd vegetables, salads, cold drinks, fresh fruit and ice cream for dessert. You'll probably play some backyard cricket, JJJ will be broadcasting the results of this year's Hottest 100 which because it's TripleJ won't be filled with teeny-bopper crap but will actually be good music.

If the weather's good it'll be stinking hot so pack your sunscreen and your hat.

It's a public holiday so most people will have it off making a nice little long weekend for you to recover.

10. mad jew thread starter Moderator emeritus

mad jew