australia retail store announcements at wwdc?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stefanlod001, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Stefanlod001 macrumors newbie

Feb 20, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    i'm just wandering if there was even the slightest chance of apple announcing a retail store in australia at this year's wwdc. either way, does apple even announce these types of things at wwdc?
  2. Bern macrumors 68000

Nov 10, 2004
    I wish they would set up one here, the service at Apple Online Store stinks and AppleCentres aren't much better.

But considering we still don't have ITMS I doubt we will.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Steve doesn't make announcements about individual Apple Store openings at his Keynotes. Hopefully you will get a store in Australia. The best place to find out is the Apple Store job listings.
  4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

May 22, 2003
    San Francisco
    My guess is that any major announcement will take place around the four year anniversary of the retail stores (May 19th.) I haven't a clue if that would include a store in Australia. It seems likely that would be a good time to announce the NYC-5th Ave store and any other major international openings. I'm still looking for the Paris opening, but Sydney isn't outside of the realm of possibilities.
  5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

Sep 13, 2003
    Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Actually he does. At least the major ones. He announced the first 2 stores opening. He also announced the Soho one. He also announced the SF one. I think he announced the Ginza one as well.

If there is going to be a major international wave of store openings it could very well make the Keynote.
  6. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ

There have been rumours for a Sydney and Melbourne store to be announced this year. Rumours are rumours, but Steve Jobs is a Sydney fan from the number of times the bridge and opera house appear in keynotes, and the "bondi blue" imac. So I hope to see some announcement this year...