Australian Education + Free iPod

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jimmieboy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Just wondering if any Australian's can remember about the time of year when apple offered a free ipod for educational purchases. I wanted to know the time it started and ended. If anyone can hlep it's greayl appreciated.

2. generik macrumors 601

generik

It has ended sometime ago, I instinctively remember it starting around May and ending around July... but my memory might be dodgey here.

3. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Thats cool because it gives me a rought timeframe. I'm going to think about getting a macbook as late as possible during the time you can get a free iPod and then sell the ipod to a friend so I end up paying less for the whole package.

4. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I wish they still did it in oz, even though i'm 13 and have a 20" intel imac, i would like a macbook for taking to friends houses, and i could give the [new] nano to my brother/sister

5. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

The main reason for me getting a macbook is because it is portable (obviously) and it has the remote which would be useful for presentations. I'll just wait and see. Hopefully the video card will be upgraded to something a little more powerful and I'm not buying until I can get leopard.