Australian iTunes store seems to be crap

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dogbone, May 8, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

I've just signed up and everything I search for is unavailable. One of the things I was after was Zappa'a 'Make a Jazz Noise Here'. Which is available in the UK and the US, but not here.

What am I supposed to do, go "oh well, while I'm here and in a buying mood I'll just purchase some [​IMG]* that I don't want? Well I won't be manipulated, dammit.

*Shi-Tzu

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I admit I don't use it very much. It is one of the newer stores (newest) so I guess it'll take some time to accumulate a better range. Maybe that's just wishful thinking... :eek:

Of course, at least it's better than the alternative online stores. :)

3. dogbone thread starter macrumors 68020

dogbone

Hang on didn't it come on line over 6 months ago? How does it work, do the Australian managers of the store have to negotiate separate contracts and arrangements with the distributors. If someone is distributing their music through the iTMS wouldn't they OK it for anywhere in the world? If not why not.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

As far as I know, all contracts between Apple and record companies are different in each country. This is because of different copyright laws and such.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, unfortunately Apple has to re-negotiate contracts in each country, as max_altitude said. Just from reading MacRumors in the lead up to the Australian store, it sounds like Australian record companies are even greedier than most. :(