Australian journalist gets a taste of Department of Homeland Security hospitality

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Dec 21, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. huntsman macrumors member

Re: Australian journalist gets a taste of Department of Homeland Security hospitality

I didn't hear about it, although these sorts of stories have been popping up a lot lately, such that I have a (perhaps irrational) fear about travelling to the US. Couple of weeks ago I was reading a story by another woman who travelled to the US to join her husband on a lecture tour, but was held and grilled by the INS, being asked dumb questions in the "are you a member of the communist party?" vein, photographed, and fingerprinted. It was seven hours before they finally put the broken woman on a plane home to England, having forced her to sign some waiver form taking away her right to return. There seemed to be no justifiable reason for it all.

3. wwworry macrumors regular

interesting that we are now afraid of the press.
    Scary, I mean.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Aren't we supposed to be afraid of everything that doesn't fall under gw's definition of Amerikan?

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

doesn't look like an isolated incident: link

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If you come to zis country and your papers iss not in order, you vil be reported to ze commandant!