1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Australians do not buy from this store!

Discussion in 'Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion' started by Bern, Jun 29, 2006.

1. macrumors 68000

Bern

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but I just wanted to alert Australians looking to purchase hardware (especially SATA HDD for Macbooks and Pro's) not to purchase from Mwave.com.au

I bought a Seagate Momentus 100GB HDD from there last week. I mentioned in another thread about it making a sound and was basically told I was being too picky. Well a few other problems began to arise such as regular stalls, slow downs etc and so I called MWave.com.au and they said to come in so they will replace it. The next day I reformatted the HDD and phoned them to let them know I was coming in, but they changed their minds and said it would take 2 or 3 weeks for them to test it first before they would consider a replacement. His reason was "... well you probably dropped it..."

I was furious and consequently contacted Seagate's office here. I took the HDD into them and they tested it. They asked me if I had purchased it on eBay :eek: I asked why and they told me it was clearly not a new drive (how they can identify this I have no idea). When I told them where I purchased it from they had trouble believing me until I showed them the invoice.

So it seems Mwave.com.au tried to put one over me. I just wanted people to be aware and take their time to find a reputable retailer for their Mac hardware.