Authorising trial copy of Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Ish, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ish
    macrumors 68000

Ish

I've gone through a 30 day trial of Aperture and LR and decided to go with Aperture. I've got the pop up window which tells you to "click Buy to purchase a serial number or order a boxed copy". That takes you to a page where you can buy a boxed copy for £173.00 or an Activation Key for £169. No mention of the App Store version at £44.99! No thanks!

Unless I've missed something, it looks as though I'll have to ditch what I've done in the trial and start again with Aperture from the App Store. Thank goodness I didn't do too many photos! :(

I suppose it's too much to hope for that I'll download it from the App Store and it'll recognise it's there already and I can carry on from where I left off?

2. macrumors 6502a

pit29

I would actually expect exactly this to happen. Your trial library will be recognized by the App store-downloaded Aperture. Worst case, you have to tell aperture manually where it is located...

3. macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Back up your photos before doing the above. This is what I would do. Trust Apple but make a copy just in case.

Dale

4. Ish
    thread starter macrumors 68000

Ish

:) Trust in God but tie up your camel??

Thanks Pit and Dale. It was quite an intelligent download in the end. I had the trial Aperture in the dock and the download started a new Aperture icon. As soon as the download finished it replaced the trial icon and was ready to go, complete with the trial library. Did a restart and everything's smooth again. Great!