Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phishndave

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
I just transferred all my files from my PowerMac to my MacBook Pro and now I have to reauthoirze all my songs again...700+ songs!!! How can i quickly and efficiently do this without actually...doing it?? Someone please help me out with this??

Drew

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
As long as they are all on the same account you should only have to authorize one song. Authorizing one song will allow songs from that account to be played on that computer. If you bought 700 songs under 700 accounts then well... I'll let you figure out an appropriate insult... :) But I'm sure you didn't... :)

phishndave

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
well, heres the thing, i bought most of the songs with a different account email, so everytime i try and play the next song it shows up with my old email in the box. i have to pu tmy new email in the box and then my old password and then it goes through.

so yeah...anyone?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
That's odd. I changed my Apple ID email address and that works to authorize my old songs. Did you make two different accounts or change the email for your one account?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Hrm... I guess I don't really know if you can have iTunes authorized for more than one account at a time... I would think you could but sometimes (once) I'm wrong.

phishndave

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
aha!! i logged in with my old account and did waht you said, now it works! yes
thanks

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
SilentPanda said:
Hrm... I guess I don't really know if you can have iTunes authorized for more than one account at a time... I would think you could but sometimes (once) I'm wrong.

You can authorize a computer for multiple accounts. My computer is authorized for both my account, and my brother's account. His computer is authorized for both his account and mine.

Kyle Nerder

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2005
Toronto
this might just take as long, but if you burn them to cd as cd player format and then re-rip 'em, they are no longer copy protected. You are free to copy them as much as you want and you will never be prompt to authorize them again

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Kyle Nerder said:
this might just take as long, but if you burn them to cd as cd player format and then re-rip 'em, they are no longer copy protected. You are free to copy them as much as you want and you will never be prompt to authorize them again

Do people still bother to do it that way? Wouldn't that degrade sound quality at least a bit, which would suck as it's already at what, 128AAC to start? (All I'll say as this is getting into a bit of a grey area.)

chrismcdowell25

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2004
cd thing totally messes with the sound. JHymn worked great as it just removed the encryption but currently it is inoperable with the newest iTunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.