Auto-Downloader/Premium Downloader/Rapidget for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arcsbite, Jul 14, 2006.

1. arcsbite Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I'm currently using parallels for the sole reason of using Rapidget to auto-download my Rapidshare premium files.

I tried iGetter and Speed Download, but I can't seem to line up links for download.

anyone know how I do this? or if there is a version of Rapidget/same type of app available for mac.

2. jgrove macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2006
    I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?
  3. arcsbite thread starter Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    sadly not, I'm still having to do it the old fashioned way :(
  4. mad cow disease macrumors member

Oct 12, 2005
    Picked this up on a Google search and thought I'd throw this application your way:

Deepvaccum is shareware but you can use the feature needed without paying for it - there is really no "time expiration" on this one where it stops working.

What deepvacuum will do for you is automatically download the links contained within a text file which you import into the program. While it may take a bit more work it will essentially go through and download every single one - it takes a bit of tinkering to get the formatting down, but once you do it all works like a charm. The app also has some site ripping and other useful downloading features. REMEMBER TO HAVE DIRECT DOWNLOADS ENABLED, OTHERWISE IT WON'T WORK.

My only question is, HOW do I automatically upload a series of files to RS?
  5. jackmack macrumors regular

Jun 9, 2006
    any progress on this?

I hate using windows just to use rapidget...
  6. arcsbite thread starter Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    I've been using crossover to run rapidget, it boots the exe file fine and runs perfectly :)
  7. ickystay macrumors regular

Sep 3, 2006
    Pure-Mac has a small selection:

I've been using Monica for years. Not exactly feature filled, but it does allow me to download large files from both http and ftp sites. I'm dial-up so really needed a utility that could restart after disconnections etc...

EDIT- I have this on my computer but have not tried it: