auto login

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gazcaz, Mar 6, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Is it possible to set fusion to start windows when i turn the mac on without having to put in passwords ect. this way, i can turn the mac on, and when i come back both operating systems will be running.
    Cheers

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

cmon guys, surly this is an easy one for you experts.

3. macrumors 68000

OSX passwords? I dont use fusion so I dont know if it makes you give the admin password everytime it opens. But in Windows if you want it to auto-login then you have to leave the password field blank when first installing windows.

4. macrumors 6502

Digging this out of the grave. Would love to know an answer to this. I' use windows/osx simultaneously everyday and would love to have it load automatically while flirting with my secretary.

5. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i think it could def be possible! would need trial and error though.

setup your virtual machine so that it runs whenever the program is opened - i think you have to suspend it from the previous use. (not familiar with vmware)

system preferences->accounts->login items, add vmware/parallels.

in windows you will have to most likely turn off the login feature. i dont know if its possible :\

6. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

In previous versions of Windows you needed to set a blank password for this. In W7 they seem to have made it a bit more robust...

http://www.w7forums.com/automatic-login-t420.html

B

7. macrumors P6

DoFoT9

yea that got me a bit confused, wasnt entirely sure if you couldnt set a password.