Auto Mount Network Drives

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by matthutch, Jan 11, 2005.

1. matthutch macrumors regular

Would someone be able to help me, I am trying to get a netowrk drive to mount automatically when i log in.

The drive i am trying to mount is a NTFS formatted drive in a windows box, in another area of the house. The computer I am trying to mount it on is connected to the network via a Airport Extreme Card.

I am thinking it mght be either the fact it is NTFS, or that it is over the WiFi network.

Thanks in advance

2. northen macrumors member

northen

If you have fixed IP-adresses, you could make a mounting script and put it in /etc/rc.d/ :) I would recommend you get a book on UNIX-basics before you start playing with that, such as the excellent books from O'Reilly.

That's the UNIX-way of doing it. There are also graphical ways, but I am not sure how to go on about that.

3. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

There's a script that you can use to force it, but if you screw up or disconnect the network drive, it can render your computer unusable; it'll freeze a few seconds after startup and require a hard restart.

Also, I think there's some bug which prevents mounting an entire NTFS drive over the network. A shared folder sure, but not the entire drive. That might have been resolved though.