Auto update iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by darwen, Aug 29, 2006.

1. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

Ok, here is my problem. I have two mac's and do not want to buy a .mac account. I need a way to have my mac's share ical info with eachother in a somehwat realtime manner (I want it to update itself frequently). I have a server I can use, but I need an application for it to work. Any ideas? There must be a way to have the computer upload (and download) info every few minutes.

2. Jomoma macrumors regular

Jomoma

I use icalx.com to publish my calendar from one computer, and then subscribe to that calendar at the other computer. It's easy and pretty real time (you can set it to update every 5 mins, and ical publishes each change in real time.)
    It was the easiest and cheapest (free) way to go for me.
    Let me know if you have questions.

3. darwen thread starter macrumors 6502a

darwen

Ok, I am using this site but here is my problem. iCal has a publish option and a subscribe option. You can publish original calanders and then download them but that makes two copies of the same calader. I understand what this service is for, it is so that my calader can be echoed to other computers. I want to make it echo each of my computers to eachother though. I want both of them to edit eachothe's calader. That is not possible with my current configuration. Can anyone help me?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan