autocad on vpc 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jelloshotsrule, Feb 18, 2005.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

has anyone run autocad on vpc 7? a friend is looking to get a powerbook but has a few pc programs he may need to run for work on vpc (or another emulator if that's better). one of these of course is autocad. he said he has a version about 3 versions old, if that would make any difference....

any insight on how this might run would be great. thanks!

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Autocad will run under VPC7 wether its useable is another matter.Architosh is a good site to check out there are programs that work natively on Mac that will export (.dwg) to Autocad.If he checks these out he may find a solution.

3. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, i guess i should've specified that i meant if anyone had tried it and it runs decently... hah

i did mention to him the possibility of using compatible programs, but of course since it's work related stuff he'd be doing, he'd want to be sure it'd work. i'll point him to the site to check it out, thanks!

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Yes I did see you asking if anyone had used under VPC7,I haven't however, I've used with a old 350mhz Windows box and its fine so I guess its useable in VPC7 its just that I hate the thing. :)VPC7 that is.

5. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hah, i can understand that. i haven't used vpc 7, but i have had plenty of problems running vpc in general. though it did allow me to enjoy the wonders of simgolf. hah

6. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

hunh???

maybe you meant that there are CAD programs native to the Mac?? AutoCad is the name of an application program itself and not the generic name of a type of application......that would be CAD in this case.

There are indeed native Mac CAD programs that can import or export files in the same format that AutoCad creates, but AutoCad itself is not available for the Mac OS

7. jelloshotsrule thread starter macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

the other issue is that my friend has autocad from work, and would rather not have to buy another cad program, even if it is decently autocad compatible.

anyways, if anyone has tried it out (i don't know how intense of a program it even is..) on vpc, that experience would be helpful! thanks