1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Autodesk doesn't want to sell Sketchbook Pro in Australia?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by zarusoba, Sep 17, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I live in Australia and I can't seem to buy Sketchbook Pro. None of the local co's listed in Autodesk's site seem to handle the product. Autodesk's download is for the US only; same with Amazon. It's weird, because Autodesk allows trial downloads to Australia, but not purchases.

I did find one US online store which seems to ship internationally. Thing is, I also want to find out if there is an academic pricing for this product.

2. macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Try StormFX or Digistor both companies have a very good relationship with Autodesk if they don't have it they'll be able to order it in for you.

3. macrumors 6502

Thanks. I tried StormFX but they referred me to another co. which has been unresponsive.

4. macrumors 6502

Same Here

I also tried a while back to locate a copy i am in Cyprus and also faced difficulties.I believe autodesk are dragging their feet as it's a mac only program. I Think autodesk are partners with microsoft as autocad is one of the last bastions of microsoft.This progra works great wit ink and a wacom tablet.

5. macrumors 6502

I agree that they're dragging their feet, but this software is available for Windows XP and Vista. I believe it was developed for Tablet PCs.

I've used the trial version and I think it's great, but I wouldn't want to waste my time with software that a developer doesn't really want to sell.