Autodesk Inventor on BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by giovanni.apd, Jun 27, 2006.

1. giovanni.apd macrumors member

Hey, Im a newbie, but I know that this has probably been discussed previously, so sorry in advance.
    I'm needing to buy a laptop and I require the use of autodesk inventor, but I have become addicted to the MacOS for everyday application during the past 2 years of using it.
    To get to the point, I was wondering if the MacBook Pro is capable of running Autodesk Inventor through the use of BootCamp.
    It seems like a long shot, considering the 256MB GPU. But MacOSX does have OpenGL support and now the important capability to run windows...

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

According to the Autodesk Inventor System Requirements page, the required/recommended configuration is at least a 128 MB GPU. The MacBook Pro will work. When you're running Windows in BootCamp, you're actually running Windows. Any Windows application will work as long as it's not very heavily dependent on specific hardware.

3. giovanni.apd thread starter macrumors member

indeed it does... for some reason I had it in my mind that the minimum was 256MB... I have no idea why. THen I guess this should work without a hitch...
    I guess I'm just looking to hear from others who have done it just for reassurance and/or tips