Automated ID3 Tagger?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gormenghast, Feb 28, 2006.

1. gormenghast macrumors newbie

So I just got my new 1.83 MacBook Pro (and it's AWESOME :D) and I was wondering if there is a program that can take a mess of MP3's I ripped years ago, look up the ID3 tag info and maybe even sort the files by Artist / Album. Automated would be nice.

On my PC (Linux/KDE) I used amaroK to tag my files, but it doesn't seem to be a fink package yet.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

iTunes, which comes preinstalled with your system does all those things and much more. It's the default music player for OS X and imo, it kicks butt.

You can also download the latest version from apple's website for free.

3. gormenghast thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, cool, I found a kick arse program called iEatBrainz that connects to the MusicBrainz network and tags random MP3's.

Yeah, I definitely need to check out iTunes more Soulstorm, it's a lot more powerfull than I though, thanks for the suggestion. I wish there was a mix between iTunes and amaroK. IMHO amaroK had some pretty unique features that iTunes doesn't have by default, yet iTunes never ceases to amaze me, like how it keeps my playlists in order even after I move files around and the nice smooth mixing between songs.

4. Freek macrumors newbie

How can u get iTunes to keep up when moving files to different folders in hd?

My itunes library is useless as it will not automaticly regonize if the files are deleted or moved. My PB hd is allways full, so i need to keep some files in server/external hd and some in pb hd.