Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ajones330

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
SEC Country
I've done several speedtests on my iPhone 5 since 14.1 and here are the results I've gotten:

Post 14.1
Download test 1: 26.38
Download test 2: 23.81

Post 14.2
Download test 1: 5.06 :mad:
Download test 2: 8.98 :mad:
Download test 3: 7.69 :mad:

I'm on AT&T Chicago.

Anyone else notice this? :confused:

Earlier right after my speeds were bad but have since improved back to normal LTE in my area. 19-30 meg

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
it's a tmobile thread why? People who are on AT&T got the 14.2 update too
ATT got it on 6/16, beginning of last week, 11 days ago, and it was documented what came.

TMo already had working Amber alerts. This thread is about the TODAY, 6/27, TMoobile Carrier 14.2 update.

----------

it's a tmobile thread why? People who are on AT&T got the 14.2 update too

Apply to you?
sa7ugysu.jpg

mlenger

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Southern California
ATT got a new update today as well

ATT got it on 6/16, beginning of last week, 11 days ago, and it was documented what came.

TMo already had working Amber alerts. This thread is about the TODAY, 6/27, TMoobile Carrier 14.2 update.
The update you mention I got last week (Amber Alert), but today I got a new push, so it is something new.

substance12

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
I now have FaceTime as a toggle under "use cellular data for". I'm on lte and unlimited. This may have always been there but I thought att didn't allow this for unlimited data users. At some point they said they were going to roll it out to us.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I now have FaceTime as a toggle under "use cellular data for". I'm on lte and unlimited. This may have always been there but I thought att didn't allow this for unlimited data users. At some point they said they were going to roll it out to us.

It's been there for a while if you had LTE w unlimited. The last group was the 4g w unlimited to get it.

lstone19

macrumors member
May 3, 2010
Government Alerts (WEA), which appeared on my AT&T iPhone 4 with update 14.1, disappeared with today's 14.2.

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
No it's not,

The title of the threat says "Automatic Carrier Update 14.2"
I'm sure lots of AT&T people will see this thread and think it applies to the 14.2 update that installed automatically today. Maybe you should tell the original posted to update the subject so we know to stay out of your t-mobile thread?

michellopez23

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2013
I have a AT&T Iphone 5 unlocked but now I'm using T-mobile Prepaid Plan, this morning my iphone got an update 14.2 and now I can't make or receive calls. Anyone can help me please?

Myjunkname

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
Government Alerts (WEA), which appeared on my AT&T iPhone 4 with update 14.1, disappeared with today's 14.2.

Ah ha I think you found it my friend! Great eyes.

The two toggles (for amber & govt) appear to be missing now for me after the 14.2 carrier swttings update as well.

Where did the government notification settings used to be? Under notifications all the way at the bottom right?

I'm an ATT US subscriber on an iPhone 5 still running iOS 6.1.3. The strange thing is that I'm currently in Canada internationally roaming on Rogers' network and I still got a carrier update today that says AT&T 14.2.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Just got this on my 4S after reading this thread and then going to settings on my phone.

Nothing changed, still the same fast speeds I got before the update. I still have hotspot because I am jailbroken.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Ok, who cares whether it's a Tmobile or AT&T thread. Anyone figure out yet what the carrier updates have done? If anyone had a hacked TMobile carrier profile before this to get the faster speeds, did this new one overwrite it for you?

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
I also got the T-Mobile carrier update 14.2, that was installed automatically after I had unlocked my iPhone 5. I hope we learn some more info about this update.

Herbielovebug53

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2013
I know this is a t-mobile thread but Walmart Family Mobile is powered by t-mobile. I updated to 14.2 and I notice that the amber and emergency alerts are gone I checked the whole phone for the setting and can't find them. Werd huh?

avenger66

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Got my update this morning that was auto installed and currently 14.2 is as well.

I read some of the posts on here, and figured I would grab my phone also and check, and as soon as i got into the settings it popped up...

Was in a T-mobile store and read something about alerts and not being able to shut the presidential alerts off but you can disable the other alerts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.