Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Pretty overpriced. I picked up a Bluetooth OBD-II dongle on Amazon for about $20 and it works with plenty of iPhone apps.

I picked of a Wifi version a while back, I purposely didn't get the bluetooth version because I know iOS is limited (unless jailbroken, or an approved device). I am jailbroken, but I wanted one that works regardless.

Yeah it's $70 for this version, but I like the integration with the app from what I can see.

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
I picked of a Wifi version a while back, I purposely didn't get the bluetooth version because I know iOS is limited (unless jailbroken, or an approved device). I am jailbroken, but I wanted one that works regardless.

Yeah it's $70 for this version, but I like the integration with the app from what I can see.

This app offers less than what your typical scanner can get. Plus you're now tied to a single app meaning should they choose to stop updating it, you've got a paper weight. As I said, I'm happy with my sub-$20 alternative that also allows tuning of the vehicle, etc.

Arfdog

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2013
I suppose that New Zealanders Ernest Rutherford (father of nuclear physics), Richard Pearse (first maned powered flight) and Maurice Wilkins (discoved DNA along side Watson and Crick) don't really count for much?

But you're right people shouldn't cast stones.

Didn't know that NZ has the market cornered on scientists? Or are you just naming 3 random kiwi scientists? Surely you're not bragging....

Do Oppenheimer, Hubble, and Noyce ring any bells?

----------

You can diss the United States for our silly political correctness and nanny state "warnings", but yesterday was Memorial Day - a day we honor all of the Americans who gave their life for their country.

I hope you took time out to give thanks to those Americans who sacrificed for your freedom - so now you are a free country, not a Japanese territory.

lol, damn that's just mean

TheAppleFairy

Suspended
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
This app offers less than what your typical scanner can get. Plus you're now tied to a single app meaning should they choose to stop updating it, you've got a paper weight. As I said, I'm happy with my sub-$20 alternative that also allows tuning of the vehicle, etc.

That's a scary, plausible possibility of any item. I guess if Apple stops making iOS the money I spent in apps is wasted as well.

If this company does well, they might go on to do more over time as well. Add new features and maybe even new products.

Like I said, I already have a wifi version that suits my needs, but I do like some of the features and ease of this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.