Automatically re-mount a volume in OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Maxwell Smart, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Alright, I have a shared SMB folder on my windows machine and I can connect to it and use it just fine in OS X (panther 10.3.9) and I see it on the desktop (it looks like a globe in a transparent squre) What I was wondering was if there was any way that I could have it auto-mount on my desktop every time i turn it on rather than me having to do it manually. Thanks!

2. terriyaki macrumors 6502a

Open up System Preferences > System > Accounts > Login Items and then drag the network shares into there. Everytime you login they will auto-connect.

So far, though (as far as I know), there is still no way to auto-connect after waking from sleep.

3. Maxwell Smart thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

thanks, but that didn't seem to work. I drug it into Startup Items because I assumed that is what you meant and not Login Items. Anyway, when i rebooted, it wasnt on the desktop, and now it just shows the IP under Item and under Kind it shows 'Unknown'. Any other ideas?

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Open text edit and type the address of the share... like "afp://217.234.12.78/lkern" or whatever the address is. "smb://" works too. Highlight the text, drag to the desktop, and drop the webloc in login items.