Automator data retrieval?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by runplaysleeprun, Jun 20, 2006.

1. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Does anyone know how to use automator to obtain info from a website? More specifically, I need to run a query on a Medical Database, then, from the list of link-results, click each one and copy and the Name and Adress of the author, and paste them into a text editor, then go back on the web page, and click the next one down. The pages are pretty plane-jane, mostly text, and have the same words before each thing I need to copy, such as Name: and Location: . I have to do this for my summer job, and there is something like 1800 results for this. Does anyone know an easy way to do this? Thanks a lot.

2. runplaysleeprun thread starter macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Or Using Applescript, whichever I easier (I cant get applescript to record these actions, I hit record, switch to safari, hit the link, copy the text, paste it, go back to applescript editor, hit stop, and nothing shows up)

Again, Thanks for any and all help.

3. runplaysleeprun thread starter macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I think maybe not too many people use automator, at least, perhaps not too many on macrumors.com. A large number of automator questions in past forum posts have gone unanswered. Not complaining, I'm mearly commenting on the lack of use/knowledge of the program.