Automator Safari Workflow...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheAnswer, Jan 6, 2007.

1. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    ...I recently started just putting my computer to sleep instead of shutting down everyday. So now I am working on a "wakeup" workflow that will have all my first thing in the morning actions ready with one click. So it will open Mail, iCal, and I want it to open a bunch (roughly 20) of websites, I can get it to do this in separate windows, but is there any way to get them to open up in separate tabs instead?
  2. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2006
    Not at the beach...
    I'm not sure how to do that using an Automator action. But I can do it with AppleScript.

Drag the "Run AppleScript" action (from the category "Automator"), and place this text in the AppleScript box...
    on run {input, parameters}
    	tell application "Safari"
    		open location ""
    		open location ""
    		open location ""
    	end tell
    	return input
    end run
    Add or remove and "open locations" as needed"

So, it should look like this:

Attached Files:

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    There is two ways to do this.

easy way:
    put all 20 links a folder under your bookmarks in safari.
    If you use you bookmark bar right-click or control click the folder of bookmarks in your bookmark bar and select open in tabs.

safari will open up all the tabs

hard way:
    write your own automator action to open up a bookmark folder in safari.
  4. killercatfish macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2007

I tried this as a service in automator and set a keyboard shortcut. Nothing happens. any ideas? I am trying to open up a webpage on my mac from the iPad...

I tried using this script with telekinesis, but for some reason it is not working. the only time the script works is when I open the script to edit, if I hit run, I get a null error.. error "" number -1721

Any idea?