Automator workflow - image manipulation

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by JonL12345, May 24, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

I want to drag and drop an image onto an Automator application. This will create two image files, each of different size and filename.

How would you go about that?

I can do it with one file ok, but not sure how to create the two different sizes.

Thanks,

Jon

2. macrumors 6502a

Use variables. Example working on Leopard :

Attached Files:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks very much for that! I will have a play around with it. Not quite sure how variables work with automator yet but I'm sure it will make more sense when I run through a few examples.

Automator is one of the big appeals of OSX. I hope they keep adding features to it. Do they tend to add features with each OSX upgrade or has it remainded static for years? When was it introduced?

4. macrumors 6502a

With each OS X upgrade Automator tends to get a few new features but it could use a little more love from Apple. I believe it was first released with OS X Tiger 10.4.

Info : macosxautomation
    Automator

5. thread starter macrumors regular

It would be nice if it had a few more webpage features, like being able to log into sites, click links etc.

6. macrumors 6502a

Perhaps that functionality will be added in the next OS X upgrade. I highly doubt it but one can only hope. If you want to do that now I suggest you take a look at Applescript GUI scripting.